Looking for Laytex Vs Memory Foam Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is one of 3 all-foam beds provided by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it an excellent option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most cost effective design, sold at price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are produced in the United States and featured a life time service warranty. The significant distinguishing feature among them is the difference in mattress height, which is because of differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy measures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy offers sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Because of its memory foam comfort layer, the Puffy provides sleepers the experience of being hugged by their mattress.
The top convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. The gel infusion is intended to help decrease the amount of heat trapped by the mattress.
Listed below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Transition layers are firmer than convenience layers, yet softer than support layers. They provide both support and cushion. Shift layers enable sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers likewise help promote spine alignment for side sleepers and lower pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the stomach, so the spinal column stays straight. Due to the fact that of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates extremely with side sleepers.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer made up of Firm Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits straight below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base offers support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh in between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who choose to sleep on their sides, also take pleasure in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t properly supportive for most sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress hit the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulations, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to produce a “best” sleep system that is specifically targeted at people who have neck and back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the U.S.A. and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Certified. Puffy likewise sells a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social excellent front, Puffy partners with various nonprofits throughout the nation to contribute mattresses to children in need.
- While heavier sleepers might likewise enjoy the Puffy, it is an ideal fit for those listed below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface area, offers lightweight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can sometimes develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy treatments this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Clients thinking about remarkable pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests showed that the Puffy deals excellent pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Nevertheless, average-weight and much heavier sleepers might find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is not likely to offer heavier sleepers the assistance they require. At 10 inches high, its convenience layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy might be attracting some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spine. In time, this can trigger tightness and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more budget-friendly than similar all-foam mattresses of its quality. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the exact same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Laytex Vs Memory Foam Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is terrific for a wide variety of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help defend against memory foam heat trap. I also think the Puffy does an excellent job of minimizing pains and pains that some individuals experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the ideal firmness for their sleep style. Laytex Vs Memory Foam Mattress