Looking for Leesa Mattress Firmness Rating…
The Puffy mattress is one of 3 all-foam beds offered by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it an excellent option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most economical model, sold at price-points that have to do with half of the expense of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are made in the United States and included a lifetime service warranty. The significant distinguishing feature among them is the difference in mattress height, which is due to differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal measure 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who delight in deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. The Puffy offers sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress because of its memory foam convenience layer. Individuals will seem like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, instead of resting on top of it.
The top comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer provides cushion and cradles the body. The gel infusion is meant to help in reducing the amount of heat caught by the mattress. Memory foam typically traps heat, which can become a problem for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to offer additional support along the edges, though some individuals might still observe a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the perimeter.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. Shift layers are firmer than convenience layers, yet softer than assistance layers. They supply both support and cushion. Shift layers allow sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers also help promote back positioning for side sleepers and minimize pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the belly, so the spine remains straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer composed of Company Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits straight listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who choose to sleep on their sides, likewise delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t effectively supportive for the majority of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to create a “ideal” sleep system that is specifically targeted at individuals who have pain in the back.
All Puffy products are made in the USA and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Certified. Puffy likewise offers a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social great front, Puffy partners with various nonprofits throughout the country to donate bed mattress to kids in need.
- While much heavier sleepers might also take pleasure in the Puffy, it is an ideal fit for those listed below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface area, offers lightweight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can sometimes develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy solutions this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Clients interested in extraordinary pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests showed that the Puffy deals outstanding pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Average-weight and heavier sleepers may discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is not likely to offer heavier sleepers the assistance they require. At 10 inches tall, its convenience layers may likewise be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be attracting some people who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spine. With time, this can cause stiffness and pain in the back.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more budget-friendly than similar all-foam mattresses of its quality. All of the initial Puffy bed mattress are the exact same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Leesa Mattress Firmness Rating
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is excellent for a wide range of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to assist defend against memory foam heat trap. I also believe the Puffy does a good task of lowering aches and pains that some individuals experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the ideal firmness for their sleep design. Leesa Mattress Firmness Rating